Saturday, November 14, 2009

IMAZ Days 82 and 83: Those were the days...

IMAZ Day 82: A swim, run and (yes, but easy) bike day. The focus was on the swim as I tend to taper for the swim much less than the run or the bike (since I don't swim as hard or as often as the other two). Total of about 3000 yds. consisting of 4 sets of 100-100-200-100 at faster than race pace and short rest and ending with a realtively fast 500. Felt very good throughout the swim. Ran 10 minutes very easy after and spun a very easy 20 minutes yesterday evening.

IMAZ Day 83: It's starting to feel like I never really trained...the memory of the 3-6 hour days is just that already. Trust the training...anyway, the day started indoors with a steady but fairly easy 80 minute spin (watched "Milk" -- not the easiest thing to watch while spinning) and followed (as a brick) with a 20 minute run at faster-than-race pace -- also felt very good, ran negative easily.

8 days to go. Stay healthy and uninjured. Do NOT believe my mind telling me I'm getting as big as a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment