Sunday, November 15, 2009

IMAZ Day 84: One week to go for the slug

In slightly warmer (than they had been) temperatures this morning, I decided to run 45-60 minutes that would include at least 3x1 mile on the track at race pace or just under, just to keep it fresh in my mind and muscles. Immediately upon running, my legs felt leaden. Humidity? Overdressed? Who knows. Ran easily to the track and proceeded with the workout. Looking at the 800M mark in each mile (with an easy one-minute jog), they went as follows: 7:02 VERY easy; 6:47 also easy, a bit more sweat; and 6:37, which I felt a bit but had no trouble with, a lot more sweat. I decided to do one more without pushing and without checking the watch at all until the end just to see if I could come up with race pace -- 6:57. So THAT was OK, but I could feel it in my quads and felt it later as well even after the w/d. Hmmmm. I didn't push the brick hard yesterday. Will chalk it up to lack of overuse or something and move on to the REAL tapering that starts...tonight.

One week -- well, actually less given the late hour -- to go. Yesterday and today were organization day and, excitedly, time to get the bike tuned, disassembled and packed for the trip (while on another trip). I'm going to use the disc wheel for this race given the lack of technical riding. Started packing and assembling the tons of gear needed.

One week.

No comments:

Post a Comment