Thursday, November 12, 2009

IMAZ Day 81: The Home Stretch

Found out today that my race number is 1599. Getting a race number assigned adds that extra dose of reality. WOOHOO!!!

Meantime, 10 days to go (well, less than 10 according to the official IMAZ countdown timer). This morning, I went 73 minutes on the bike in gale force winds, careful not to push TOO hard against but rode steady to loosen the legs a bit, spin, etc. Felt decent. Later, I ran an EASY 30 minutes, very controlled, no pushing the pace, dead even out and back, maybe mid-7s pace? Ran it on a course I'm used to and times were consistent with other runs there without much effort.

I know, just under two hours and I'm supposed to be tapering? Believe me, these weren't hard workouts. The bike was a bit hard due to wind, but I hadn't been on the bike since Sunday. The run was EASY, and given I'd run only 5 minutes yesterday, no compounded effort. Further, there were 5 hours between the two workouts, so it wasn't a brick at all. Am I defending myself? Yes, a bit, but I don't like to go more than a day with no run (or a miniscule run), so not much choice, especially given the impending downpour later today/tomorrow.

Swim tomorrow, MAYBE an easy spin indoors late.

No comments:

Post a Comment