Thursday, October 22, 2009

IMAZ Day 59: Feeling Fast

Day 58 closed out without a tempo run but an easy 33 minute run on grass...that's what happens when your intended track is off limits due to football and soccer games. Just as well...my legs felt a bit worn at the start, though they loosened up later.

Day 59: I decided to do a brick. I went 63 minutes on the bike at a fair speed but was actually more focused on the hills during the ride. I had numerous long, gradual slopes and I was able to push through them pretty well. Immediately after, I threw on my flats and hit the road hard. I ran to the track and proceeded to do a 3-mile run, negative, in 19:17 feeling quite good. I ran hard back and was pleased with the whole effort. Later, I hit the pool for what became 11x200, 10 of them in 2 sets of 5 with the 5th and 10th harder (2:46/2:47) and the rest in 2:53. The very last one was a nice, easy attempt to relax and take 17 strokes per lap and was successful (2:59).

Travel will determine what Day 60 brings. 30 DAYS TO GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment