Saturday, November 21, 2009

IMAZ Days 89 and 90: GAME ON

Day 89: Test swim in Tempe Town Lake. Water temp of 64 degrees, we're told. I decided to go without the thermal cap and it turned out to be fine. The water wasn't too cold at all, at least not after the first 30 seconds, and I had a good swim. I'm psyched about the straight line swim and my optical goggles - woohoo! Except for really cold toes, the 15 minute swim was great.

A little later (early afternoon), I went for a short ride and run. The ride once again felt great; the run, after 5 minutes warming up, also was great! Ran at pace after that and felt strong and loose.

Eat, relax...and wait.

Day 90: Saturday, one day to go. Easy 14 minute run this morning, again good after a few minutes getting loose. Will check in bike and prepare all my nutrition a bit later. Ready to rock and roll...it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment