Wednesday, November 04, 2009

IMAZ Day 72 Wrap Up & Day 73

Day 72 epilogue: After work, I went out for a 30-40 minute run. I had some energy to burn, so decided to run the first 15 minutes or so steady but controlled and then hit the gas. I felt really good, which is usually the case for an afternoon/evening run (vs. the morning). I hit the afterburners at around 20 minutes and felt GREAT. 35 minutes with a short warm down.

Day 73: Back to the pool, but via the bike. I figured I'd get in a swim/run combo today, so I schlepped my pack with lock, goggles, cap, etc. on my back to the Y on the bike. The swim workout was pretty nice, shockingly. It was the 500/5x100, 400/4x100, etc. workout I'd been shown earlier this year. All told, about 3200 yds with warm down. Felt pretty easy and strong. Then I dried off, put back on the heavy clothes, and hit the road for just over an hour, nothing dramatic, an easy 17mph average. Felt a bit draggy, but that's OK. More later.

18 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment